Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christchurch ~ R and R ~ Second Day


Saw an amazing exhibit today. The sculptures so real you waited to see them breath, to step off their pedestal and scold you for staring. The Artist is an Australian individual who does life like sculptures but larger and smaller than life. They are so life like you can see the blue veins and sun spots on their skin. It was amazing and one of the highlights of my trip.

Warning: there is nudity.




Now these ladies were my favorite. They say body language is 90%, but the way they stood, their facial expressions, their story is way more than a thousand words. I can just hear their voices later after the exhibit is closed and the lights go off . . . boy will the gossip be good. You can bet on it.






























His stuff was amazing and I could have spent all day just staring at it. What a wonderful skill this man has, and he has done tones more. I looked him up on the internet and there are tons more sculptures of astounding proportions that he had created. I feel blessed to have been able to see it. When I first landed in Christchurch way back in September I heard about his exhibit but it wasn't up yet, and was going to leave before I got back. Little did I know then that I'd actually get to see it. What a wonder. These pictures just don't even come close. Wow! And then day three came . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment