Saturday, February 5, 2011

Delta Training


So you know how I've been going on and on about wanting to drive a Delta. Well . . . I CAN!!! I got Delta Training today because I am a winter over and they need people to drive them to the planes at last flight and then at Winfly in August. It was so cool. I've never driven anything so big and now I want to do truck driver training when I get home! Maybe a new professional calling in life. It was different, because it is so big you have to turn way before you're used to and then stop turning before you think you should. My trainer was Geoff, way cool and very knowledgeable. He was a DA his first year as well and then has been in shuttles the last four years. He went over everything with me and then I got to drive around town and to Scott's Base. There wasn't any traffic being a night shift run so the whole road was mine and I took it. Well that's my excitement of the week. I have one more training session to do to prove that I understood everything we did the first time and then I am officially trained. Wow, Me. A Delta Driver. Hurray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment