Thursday, December 9, 2010

Living on the Moon


I've traveled to the moon. With dark volcanic rock, no trees and harsh sunlight, there are times when I feel that is what it must be like to live there. No green, no life, spattering of water. I think it is such a beautiful and bizarre landscape. There is no where else like it and the silence is calming. While hiking, I take a moment and except for the wind through my hood, there is no noise. No planes flying overhead, no trains, no cars honking or music playing. Just the rapid beating of my heart, the deep inhale of breath, and the emptiness in the moment. Welcome to another planet, I say. Come join me if you can, and you'll see what a wonderful, weird place this can be. Antarctica, a place like no other . . .

My moon tracks on the surface

No comments:

Post a Comment