Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ice Runway


It seems so long ago that I stepped out in my white gravity boots and touched ice. That first moment has been replaced with many new ones down here, but that Ice Runway will always be my one "small step". Granted I did not land on thee ice runway, but out at Pegasus (the secondary one) but that is not the point. Now as the ice continues to melt, that Ice Runway will need to be moved and installed at Pegasus for the rest of the season. Since I have never been out to it, a group of us, Marci, Linda and myself took a walk out to look around before they do that. Here are a few images of that adventure.

On the way out there



Attempting to pose -uh yeah




Note the ski around the wheel

Mount Erebus in the back ground

Anchored into the actual ice

Erebus Active - puff of smoke at the top. I live with a volcano!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment