Monday, November 29, 2010

Little Piece of Paradise


My name appeared on the list today. I was surprised. No one had told me they were sending a package and yet there it was, in black and white. So I went to get it trying to guess who it was from, and needless to say I was way off. When your at the bottom of the world, in the coldest, driest place on earth what do you do when you get a little piece of paradise? You smile, you giggle, and laugh. The cardboard box came all the way from Hawaii, filled with wonderful trinkets that made me smile and sadly brag a moment to friends. Thank you to those special people who took the time and care to pack it. Although I think the New Zealanders were jealous it came from another island because they tore open half the box doing a customs check and had to fix it with loads of tape. I think they were looking for the chocolate macadamia nuts really, but that's just my guess.


Can I just say the bright colors really brought a breath of tropical air to the darker colors down here and I have scattered all the pieces around my corner of the room. I especially am excited about the kites in the tins. I can't wait to fly them. Since there is wind all the time, any day will be good. But I have learned there are only two areas allowed for such daredevil activities and that is news to me. On such a desolate place, there are kit flying restrictions? Thanks again for the wonderful package it has done wonders to brighten my day and my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment