Friday, March 18, 2011

Adeles in Residence

A group of Adele penguins have decided to take up residence not too far outside of McMurdo. I went out today to watch them waddle around and molt, squawk and shake. I staid till I got cold, but enjoyed watching them as they continued their normal routine within my view. I think the novelty of zoos is going to be hard to over come when it comes to Antarctic wildlife. I’ve enjoyed watching God’s creatures without the glass or the bars. Without the tourist traps and cement walk ways. Even in Costa Rica, with the howler monkeys and the vibrant lizards, just watching them move while you stood beneath them, reminded me of what the Garden must have been like. What early man must have experience living among all that was created, great and small. Such awesome respect was give to us, such responsibly for us to look after them, and here I see that. Don’t harm, don’t harass, just watch and admire. Just leave them alone and you’ll be able to witness the beauty of nature. Man does not need to get involved in everything, because there is already a perfect plan in place.





No comments:

Post a Comment