Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jane Eyre


I’ve just finished reading Jane Eyre. I’ve never read it before and really enjoyed it. It had so many words that I had never seen before that you could really learn one new word a day for a week just in one chapter. I see why Mary enjoys it too. I can’t imagine why I hadn’t read it before. It has conflict, drama, mystery, sexual tension and a happy ending. Hamm . . . Now I’m not so sure Withering Heights holds such a positive outcome. You know the Bronte sisters were all writing around the same time under different names and their father never knew it. I don’t think they told each other either, but I can just imagine the conversations they had once it was revealed they were all writers.

Now I’m not sure what the next book will be. Someone let me borrow Winterdance, a dog sledding book they said I would enjoy and I may take that one up next, or one on reading body language. I can’t decided but I’ve got plenty of time . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment