Friday, March 18, 2011

POC of Gear Issue


Do you ever do something and then wonder if you should have? Well, I did that with Gear Issue. Now you all know I was working it over the summer, one hour a week right. Now I’ve asked, and been granted, the position of Person Of Contact (POC) for Gear Issue. In short, I’m running it over the winter. Not sure what I was thinking, but now I’ve done it. The place is a mess, things were just shoved to the back with the close of summer, and now I have to go organize it. Not that I made that part, the problem is there is just too much stuff and not enough space. Even my minimalist self is being tested and nothing is ever removed. We have bike helmets from 1987, games from the 1970’s, and broken equipment just lying around. I’m the worst person for this job because I would just go through and remove, but there are channels to follow, people to contact . . . . So I’m doing that this winter, forming a crew to run the shifts, so it can be open to the community, monitoring return dates and gear movement. I’ve spent the last several weeks just trying to clear a path through the ski forest, but I’m seeing carpet now so there is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment