Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Friday September 31 – Every where but no where

Pictures flying over Denver

It is a strange occurrence here, but most of the people working down here on the base are homeless. Not in that they are pan handling or sleep in card board boxes, but when you ask them where they come from, where they call home, they hesitate. “I’m from everywhere and no where,” they’ll tell you and I’m with them. When I’m asked where I’m from I say “My parents live in California, but I really don’t have an address.” Think this is strange our odd? Nope, here it is normal. People here have traveled all over the world, have done this for years. Most travel in the off season and then come back down here to work again. Others live with family or friends part time, travel part time but we all seem to live a nomadic lifestyle. I don’t think I’ve meet such a large group of world travelers and it is just amazing. I’m milking them for all sorts of travel trips and Southeast Asia is quiet common here. Its like having my own personal travel guide with everyone full of information, advice and even pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment